Friday, May 14, 2010

Wine Bar Construction


Today is a day for an update. As some of the readers of this blog know, I own a bed and breakfast in Windham NY, Catskill Maison. However, few readers know that we are currently in the process of expanding our business to open a Wine Bar. Construction of a Winebar is a very interesting undertaking, its my dream unfolding before my eyes and I get more and more excited each day. Today I saw the paint that I chose put on the walls, I saw molding being placed on windows, and I'm giddy with happiness. I also purchased flooring and got an education on wood floors, engineered (as in man made planks) vs. true wood planks, and the pros and cons of both. I now understand the difference between pine and oak, 3/4 vs. 1/2 inch thick. It's a learning experience and I'm drinking in every minute of it. I chose oak floors, true wood, red oak with a beautiful finish 3/4 inch thick so it can withstand some wear and tear. I am trusting myself that I made the right decision. As I walk into the front room I can envision the bar, the fireplace, the lounge chairs...I hear the live guitar with the sweet singing of my Innkeeper and I'm filled with joy. Today I am at peace, I realize how very blessed I am to have this opportunity to reach into myself and fulfill my dreams, and I look forward to the adventure that awaits me.

No comments:

Post a Comment