Monday, July 5, 2010

Ice Cream Sundaes for Grownups!


Its really hot today, hot to the point where I think it should be a designated "lets eat ice cream for dinner" day! When I was a kid I loved vanilla ice cream sundaes with butterscotch topping and sprinkles and whipped cream. And if the sundae came from Carvel soft serve then I really felt that I hit the jackpot. Just because I'm all grown up doesn't mean that on a day like today I don't crave a sundae, the combination of the cold texture with the decadence of a syrup or sauce is something that brings me right back to the 1970's. However now that I am all grown up, I experiment with grown up sundae flavors. One of my favorites is warm strawberries with a red wine and balsamic reduction over Edy's caramel praline frozen yogurt...AMAZING, sweet and sour and tangy and crunchy all in one bite...now that's decadent!

No comments:

Post a Comment