Monday, July 12, 2010

S'MORES!!!!



Every now and then something will take you right back to a really vivid childhood memory. Last night my mother and I dined at Blue Mingo Grill in Cooperstown, a restaurant on Ostego lake about 2 miles north of Cooperstown village (where the Baseball hall of fame is) which serves innovative and imaginative American food. Our home in Jefferson is less than an hour from Cooperstown, and because it's a tourist destination we dine there a few times a month because the quality of food is really "kicked up a notch". One of the coolest things about Blue Mingo is that they have S'mores on their dessert menu! And you can roast your own marshmallows and assemble the s'more yourself...it took me right back to Girl Scout camp, in a flash! I was so excited I had to blog about it, I was instantly in front of a campfire singing "Little Bumblebee" at Rocky Brook with about 10 marshmallows lined up on a stick and a bunch of graham crackers and Hershey's chocolate bars waiting on the side. I remember being the only little Girl Scout sitting in front of the fire slow roasting my marshmallows to a golden brown while my fellow brownies burned theirs to a crisp! I guess I should've known then that I was destined to be in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment