Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Newport Mansions Food and Wine Festival

My birthday is in a month, and for the past 5 years I've made it a ritual to do something "wine related" for my birthday. I've gone wine tasting in the Finger Lakes, the Niagara Wine Region in Canada, and this year am heading to the Newport Mansions Wine and Food Festival. This festival is taking place the weekend of my birthday (Sept 24th thru 26th), there will be a grand tasting of over 100 wineries and samples from some of New England's hottest restaurants (and I love seafood)...So very exciting and it's my first time going to this particular festival. To make it even better one of my favorite chefs Chris Cosentino who really believes in sustainable local produce and the humane treatment of meat (something that I preach about regularly on this blog) of Incanto restaurant, an offal hotspot in San Francisco where I had one of the best 5 meals of my entire life, (and considering that I love food and am always trying restaurants that's an achievement) and Boccalone and the Boccalone Salumeria which has some incredible cured pork and since pork is my favorite thing in the entire world you can imagine how much I love this meat, will be there doing a cooking demo and signing his cookbook! Newport is a beautiful village with some of the best seafood that NE has to offer, I'm looking forward to a weekend of steamers, lobster and lots and lots of wine!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Have a blast on your birthday. Wish I could join you. I never do anything fun anymore.

    Keri

    www.samwich365.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx! I will report the details when I return.

    ReplyDelete